A Home and a Future. Boys and Girls Haven exists to shelter, heal, and teach young people to become productive and healthy members of our community.
Since 1948, Boys and Girls Haven has transformed the lives of more than 5,000 abandoned, abused and neglected youth by providing stability, education, and life skills that will lead to success in adulthood. We employ a multifaceted, therapeutic approach including:
- On-campus residential care
- Community-based foster care
- Independent living programs
- Independence readiness life skills training
- Preventative community-based services
- We also continue to offer a variety of supplemental programs and activities to meet the ever evolving needs of our youth and families. We even have an on-campus, JCPS affiliated school for kids who need a more individualized educational approach!
Private, non-profit and nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA), Boys and Girls Haven is located at 2301 Goldsmith Lane in Louisville and is a member of the Foster Family Treatment Association (FFTA), Children’s Alliance of Kentucky, Alliance for Children and Families and Greater Louisville, Inc.